Friday, August 3, 2012

In Your Moments of Impatience



photo courtesy of google.com



Text: Romans 8:24-25

"...but in our moments of impatience let us remember that hope always means waiting for something that we haven’t yet got. But if we hope for something we cannot see, then we must settle down to wait for it in patience."-  J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)



Thoughts:


We have our own moments of impatience. It could be impatience in waiting for your order in a restaurant while sitting there for a long time, it could be waiting for someone who has an appointment with you but is late, it could be waiting for a special day to come, it could be waiting for a partner in life, or waiting for the answer of God to our prayers.


Its hard to wait sometimes. I must admit. 


Sometimes, in our impatience, we tend to do things on our own way and we do things ahead of God. Just like Sarah (Abraham's wife), she was so impatient and didn't even trust God of his promise that she and Abraham will have a son of their own, not only she laughed at what God had said but also, she asked Abraham to sleep with their servant girl, Hagar and so Hagar became pregnant with a son (Ishmael) and he was Abraham's illegitimate son. If Sarah could have been patient for a while, there could not have been an Ishmael...only Isaac (the son that came from her own body as God had promised).


At one point, the first king of Israel (Saul) got impatient too. Because of his impatience, he did something that caused his kingship to end because he displeased God for doing something that he should  not  have done. He did it because he became impatient in waiting for prophet Samuel to arrive.


Impatience also makes us hopeless, careless and discouraged. But the above verses have something to say,"...but in our moments of impatience let us remember that hope always means waiting for something that we haven’t yet got. But if we hope for something we cannot see, then we must settle down to wait for it in patience."-J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)


There's only one solution in our times of impatience, according to those verses, we must settle down to wait in patience...whether it's waiting for someone or waiting for something to arrive or happen. It may be difficult for some of us but we can ask God to add patience to our lives. In Galatians 5:22, patience is included in the fruit of the Spirit.


And do you know that our Lord Jesus Christ has unlimited patience? Wow, that is very fascinating to me. You can read that in I Timothy 1:16, Paul wrote, "But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life." (NIV, empashis mine).


And if God is not patient with us, we could have all perished. 2 Peter 3:9 says, "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."



Prayer: Lord, teach me to be more patient. In my moments of impatience, help me. Give me hope and settle down to wait in patience. Help me not to go ahead of you and not even do something that will affect what you want to happen in times of waiting. Lord, change me and add more patience to my life. In Jesus name I ask (the source of unlimited patience), amen!



 Copyright © 2012  by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)
By the grace of God I am what I am



All  devotional thoughts on this site are my own writings. I've learned them during my personal devotional time.If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.
Thank you! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....