Monday, September 19, 2011
Hope And Tomorrow
This is a review of the book entitled, "Kay Jesus, May Pag-asa Ang Bukas, May Bukas Ang Pag-asa."
Joey Umali Jr is a Pastor, author and broadcaster. He is the host of DZAS' "Hardin Ng Panalangin."
I admit, although i love our own language (Tagalog) and I'm fluent in speaking it, i still have a hard time reading a Tagalog book but i've learned a lot from this book.
Aside from learning thoughts from the Bible passages cited in this book, you would also learn from the examples given in every chapter that are really well-researched or should i say, the author reads a lot that he was able to give those great examples in this book.
As i read it, it was like hearing the voice of the author while delivering his devotional thoughts in "Hardin ng Panalangin" (I happen to listen to his program when my schedule permits).
There are some thoughts that are very deep and hard to understand and you have to read them again in order for you to understand them.
One example of a thought that made me read the statement again is this : "Lagi tayong puspos ng pag-asa dahil sa ating katatagan na bunga ng ating pagtitayaga na siyang resulta ng ating pagdurusa. Tayo'y hindi umaasa sa pag-asa, sapagkat kung tayo'y umaasa lamang sa pag-asa ay wala na tayong pag-asa."
Hard thoughts in this book could be understood well if you would read the whole statement or the whole context. Just like in the example statement above, the following thoughts made it more very understandable : "Tayo'y laging umasa sa magagawa ng Diyos sa ating buhay sa pamamagitan ng pagkilos ng kanyang Banal na Espiritu. Mabigat man ang ating problema, simbigat man ng problema ng lalaking ipinanganak na bulag, hindi tayo dapat mawalan ng pag-asa. Maaaring iyon mismong problema natin ang gamitin ng Diyos upang ipahayag nya sa atin at sa buong mundo ang kanyang kapangyarihan at kaluwalhatian."
What i like in this book are these statements:
- "Pakainin ang kaluluwa. Basahin ang Bibliya araw-araw. Ang Salita ng Diyos ay pagkain ng ating kaluluwa. Kaya kung hindi tayo magbabasa ng Bibliya, we will be malnourished spiritually, at dahil doon ay madali tayong maigugupo ng mga tukso."
- "Limutin ang pagkalugi. Limutin ang mga sama ng loob, hinanakit at kabiguan sa nagdaang panahon. Tumanaw sa isang araw ng bukas nang may pag-asa at pananabik."
- "Manindigan sa Salita ng Diyos."
- "Umayon sa pamantayan ng Diyos. Hanapin ang katuwiran ng Diyos. Huwag tayong umayon sa pamantayan ng mundo."
- "Bumalik sa tamang landas. Kung ikaw ay nadapa, bangon agad at alalahaning ang Diyos ay nagpapatawad. Maaring hindi mo madiretso ang iyong buhay overnight. Maaring kung minsan ay liliko, kukurba, bubwelta o magdedetour. Sikapin mo lamang na muling bumalik sa main highway, kay Jesus, na Siyang tunay na daan."
Overall, this book is good because it proclaims that in Jesus, there's hope for tomorrow and there's tomorrow in hope. I suggest that this book would be translated in pure English if ever there would be another publication of it so that it would be easier to understand.
But grab a copy of this book and learn a lot. This was published by Church Strengthening Ministry and it's available in christian and leading bookstores nationwide.
Copyright © 2011 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.
By the grace of God I am what I am.
Text: 1 Samuel 17: 32-51 New Living Translations 32 “Don’t worry about this Philistine,” David told Saul. “I’ll go fight him!” 33 “D...
Are you a Pastor, church leader or a church member who needs more of God's word and presence? Are you sick or do you have family me...
Yesterday was Philippine's 112th Independence Day. Every time the independence day is being celebrated, i look forward to another ...
Text: Luke 18:41-43 (New International Version) Jesus asked the blind man : "What do you want me to do for you?" "Lord, I w...