Sunday, August 21, 2011

PraiseStruck






Text: I Corinthians 4:5 NIV


Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.(emphasis mine)



Thoughts: 


There are words as "lovestruck" (having a passionate or overwhelming feeling of love; smitten) and "starstruck" (fascinated by or exhibiting a fascination with fame or famous people) but I've invented this word "praisestruck".


During one of my devotions, when i was reading the verse above, i was very fascinated with it especially with the last statement, "At that time each will receive their praise from God." I was "praisestruck" (having a passionate or overwhelming feeling of praise; fascinated by or exhibiting a fascination with praise or the word praise).


I believe everyone of us already received praise from men...praise when you looked great...praise when you wore that gorgeous dress...praise when you wore that beautiful high-heeled shoes...praise when you've done an incredible and a great job...praise when you wrote something that touched many lives...praise when you spoke with anointing that really changed hearts...for guys, praise when you won the heart of a godly, pretty and wonderful girl...and for ladies, praise when you married that godly and awesome guy...praise in everything! How did you feel when you received those praises? Praisestruck, right?


How much more if you would receive praise/praises from the Lord of lords and the King of kings in front of countless people? Wow!...that is so fascinating! I'm longing for that day to happen...a day that i would be "praisestruck" facing the Lord. I believe it would be very glorious to receive praises from our God...with whom the highest standard of praise comes from because you would feel humble and even think that you really don't deserve receiving praises from God because all praises belong to Him alone...but, it's there in his word...it's very bold..."At that time each will receive their praise from God."


The persecutions we receive these days as we love and follow God...the problems we face each day....the temptations that are being presented to us in different ways...the mockery that we hear whenever we talk about God ...all these things do not really matter in comparison with the praises we are going to receive from God when we meet Him face to face.


Our eternal life should matter the most. What the world may offer may be attractive but would you receive praise from God when you delight yourself in those worldly things? And the question is...could you or would you even meet God face to face when you forsake your relationship with Him and choose worldly things instead? 


Matthew 16:26 NCV says, "It is worthless to have the whole world if they lose their souls. They could never pay enough to buy back their souls."


Life here on earth is only temporary...we should long for the life God offers and that is to accept Him as His personal Lord and Savior...live with him and for Him...be with Him face to face when we get to heaven and experience not just giving Him praises but also receiving praise from Him and be "praisestrucked."



...At that time each will receive their praise from God." (I Corinthians 4:5 NIV)



Copyright © 2011 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post. 
 
The devotional thoughts i post here are my own writings...
these are the things I've learned as i spend time reading God's word during my devotional time. 
And if in case you would like to post my own writings/poems/devotional thoughts/insights to your own blogs or use them in any way, please ask permission from me first or at least give credit that it came from me. 
Thank you so much:))
 
By the grace of God I am what I am.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....