Sunday, July 10, 2011

Think About This....








Text: I Kings 18:20-29


"Then Elijah said to them, “I am the only one of the LORD’s prophets left, but Baal has four hundred and fifty prophets.  Get two bulls for us. Let Baal’s prophets choose one for themselves, and let them cut it into pieces and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. I will prepare the other bull and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. Then you call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the LORD. The god who answers by fire—he is God.” Then all the people said, “What you say is good.” Elijah said to the prophets of Baal, “Choose one of the bulls and prepare it first, since there are so many of you. Call on the name of your god, but do not light the fire.”  So they took the bull given them and prepared it.Then they called on the name of Baal from morning till noon. “Baal, answer us!” they shouted. But there was no response; no one answered. And they danced around the altar they had made. At noon Elijah began to taunt them. “Shout louder!” he said. “Surely he is a god! Perhaps he is deep in thought, or busy, or traveling. Maybe he is sleeping and must be awakened.” So they shouted louder and slashed themselves with swords and spears, as was their custom, until their blood flowed.   Midday passed, and they continued their frantic prophesying until the time for the evening sacrifice. But there was no response, no one answered, no one paid attention." 


Thoughts:


In the text above, we can read there that when the prophets of Baal started calling on Baal's name, he didn't hear them. Elijah began to taunt them that perhaps their god is  deep in thought or traveling or sleeping and needs to be awakened. But of course, Elijah knew that Baal couldn't really hear those prophets and He was very confident that the God whom he serves is the real God...the God who answers by fire.


If you think God doesn't hear your prayers and think that God is busy or sleeping, you're wrong.


Does God sleep? I will loudly shout, "NO!" 


Psalm 121:2-4 say, "My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber;  indeed, he who watches over Israel  will neither slumber nor sleep."


He is not like Baal or other gods. God is alive. He is everywhere. He hears wherever you are, whether you are in the US, in Dubai, Australia, in the province, in the city...wherever you are...He hears you. 


He is not sleeping...He doesn't need to be awakened...He hears our prayers. He is listening to us. He knows our fears...He knows our tears...He listens to our cries...He sees when we need rice or just crave for fries. He knows when we are deeply troubled and He is always there to help us. He is our ultimate and great listener. He is just a prayer away. Think about this.



Copyright © 2011 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)
By the grace of God I am what I am.

All  devotional thoughts on this site are my own writings. I've learned them during my personal devotional time.
If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.
Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....