Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Are You Sad Lately?

      Text: Habakkuk 3: 17-18 NIV

      "Though the fig tree does not bud
       and there are no grapes on the vines,
       though the olive crop fails
       and the fields produce no food,
       though there are no sheep in the pen
       and no cattle in the stalls,
       yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
       I will be joyful in God my Savior
."

Thoughts:

Are you sad lately? Is it because you don't see any productivity in your work? Is it because you feel that something is missing in your life? Is it because you're not so sure if what you're doing  now are really  the things God wants you to do now? Is it because you're praying for something and haven't seen the answer to that prayer yet? 

I could relate to that. Sometimes, we feel there's something missing in our lives.Sometimes, we are wondering if what we are doing are really the things God wants us to do for that  certain time. And  sometimes our hope is deferred because we don't see any answers to our prayers yet. Sometimes our hope is deferred because what we are hoping to happen is absolutely the opposite of what's happening in our lives. Proverbs 13:12 says, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."

When i was still a college student and a very active leader in our church's youth fellowship, i had this secret crush in the youth fellowship and that time, i was so inspired seeing him in the youth fellowship and even in our church's Friday service.

One day, when i attended the Friday service, i was looking to where he was always seated and it seemed that he was not there that night. I felt so sad because he wasn't there. But during praise and worship, i was reminded of these verses, let me quote them here again. Habakkuk 3: 17-18 NIV:

      "Though the fig tree does not bud
       and there are no grapes on the vines,
       though the olive crop fails
       and the fields produce no food,
       though there are no sheep in the pen
       and no cattle in the stalls,
        yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
       I will be joyful in God my Savior."

That verse spoke to my heart like, "even if your crush is not here , you should not be sad...God is here- He is the source of your joy." 

Wow! God knows when we are really sad and He knows how to mend our hearts.I was so greatful to God that time that He removed my sadness (sadness caused by not seeing my crush!). Isn't it depressing sometimes when u don't see your crush? Hahaha. But God was there that time to comfort me.

Lesson that i've learned from that experience: Now, every time i feel like something is missing or someone is missing, i just remind myself of that verse...yes, even if everything is missing...."yet i will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior."

Here are other verses to meditate on when u feel sad: Psalm 42:5-6

      Why are you downcast, O my soul?
       Why so disturbed within me?
       Put your hope in God,
       for I will yet praise him,
       my Savior and my God.

Are you sad lately? Just be reminded that God is there for you...He wants to carry you close to his heart and remove your sadness.

Remember what Blaise Pascal said:

"There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus. "

Allow God to fill that vacuum in your heart today. God loves you so much! Take time to seek Him and enjoy your time with Him and let Him remove the sadness in your heart today.

Read also my related blog here.

Copyright © 2010 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . 
All rights reserved worldwide.

All  devotional thoughts on this site are my own writings. I've learned them during my personal devotional time.If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.Thank you! 



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....