Thursday, April 29, 2010

CHANGELESS



Everything changes in this world. One day, you have friends, suddenly they are gone. One day, you have a relationship,suddenly it's gone.

Prices of commodities change all the time. Time changes. Climate changes. Just like this summer here in the Philippines, the climate every afternoon is very hot but during the night, it rains. Tuition fees change. Our mind changes. Our circumstances change. Our moods change. Electric bills change. Water bills change.


EVERYTHING CHANGES. Sometimes, in these changes, we tend to doubt if our dreams would  still come true...we doubt if we could still live a life that God has promised...we doubt if we could have a relationship that will last until Jesus comes again...we doubt if we could survive for the next few weeks or months or next few years.


But until we focus on God, these doubts will remain in our hearts and they will create fear and the worst thing to do is committing suicide. But hey, don't do that, your life is going to be eternally worst if you do that...don't give up...don't be discouraged. There is someone who never changes....and that someone is God.


God never changes. He said in Malachi 3:6 ,“I am the Lord, and I do not change."

That is so encouraging. He is always there to take care of you.The same God who took care of you when you were still in your mother's womb will be the same God who will take care of you now... in your studies...in your career...in your marriage and until you grow old.


Here's a very beautiful passage of how God took care of us when were still unborn : Psalm 139:13-16 say,

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.You saw me before I was born.Every day of my life was recorded in your book.Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." What a beautiful passage. If God took care of us when we were still unborn, how much would he take care of us now that we are already grown up?


"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11 The New Living Translation).

"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."(Jeremiah 29:11 The Message Translation)


 
YOU ARE VALUABLE IN GOD'S EYES
"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" (Matthew 6:26)


"...If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" (Matthew 6:30)

Hey, the God who is changeless is always there to carry you through...just like what Paul said in Philippians 1:6, i would like to say to you that : "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."


I like The Message Translation, it says, "....the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears."


YOU CAN TRUST IN GOD......THE CHANGELESS GOD! SO, HOLD ON TO HIM.


Copyright © 2010 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.

All  devotional thoughts on this site are my own writings. I've learned them during my personal devotional time.If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.
Thank you!



Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. great post, mariah! ^^
    yep! Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever! (Heb 13:8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, kate!

    yes,he never changes:) we can always count on Him in good times and in bad times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post Mari Ann most excellent and so so very true

    ReplyDelete

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....